ITALIAN MEATBALLS WITH SPAGHETTI
- 2 units of crackers
- 1/4 cup of liquid milk
- 500 grams of ground beef * see notes *
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup onion or shallots, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (depending on size)
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nutmeg (freshly grated) to taste
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water or meat or vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 400 ° F and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
In a bowl place the meat, and add the rest of the ingredients: cheese, onion, garlic and minced parsley, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix everything well.
Form the meatballs, place them on the tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
In a cauldron or pan, prepare the sauce: add the tomatoes or the prepared sauce, tomato paste and the broth or water if necessary, depending on the consistency we want. When it boils, add the meatballs and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, rectify the seasoning of the sauce if necessary.
Serve the meatballs over spaghetti, add more chopped parsley, grated cheese and enjoy!