Mango Avocado and Spinach Salad
Recipe developed by Manachef CI.
Min. Preparation Time
- 6 cups of spinach, you can also use lettuce or arugula.
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into thick strips.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cut into strips.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
For the orange dressing or vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon of champagne vinegar (you can also use white wine vinegar).
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice, about ½ orange.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, about a ½ lemon.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro.
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced (you can use sweet pepper if you don’t like spicy)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing or vinaigrette in a small jar (I save the jars of marmalade or pate for this), put the lid on and shake until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Soak the onion slices in warm water with a little salt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for about 10 minutes, then rinse and dry the onions.
- Toss the spinach leaves with half the dressing or vinaigrette and place on a serving platter or salad tray.
- Add the mango, avocado, and onion slices to the spinach mixture, and drizzle the rest of the dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately.